Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Error report of mass DVD production

Help
banbanroa
2013-09-24
2013-10-06
  • banbanroa
    banbanroa
    2013-09-24

Hi everyone,

I just used DVDStyler to make master disks and it was perfectly done. A friend of mine also use those disks to make some copy by his own PC and it ran also pretty well. The disks can be copied and can be played.

However, when I sent the master disks to production company, they said there is an error report saying there are some copy protection in the master disks. And another company report the same. I used different software to check if there is really any copy protection but cann't find anything.

The error report as below:

The EclipseSuite tools found a sector where the CP_SEC or the PES_Scrambling_control bits were set, indicating that the sector should be encrypted during mastering. However, the DVD image does not contain any encryption.

Background

In a DVD that is protected with CSS or CPPM encryption, the CP_SEC and PES_Scrambling_control bits are used to indicate whether a sector is encrypted. When an image does not contain encryption, the CP_SEC and PES_Scrambling_control bits in all sectors of the image must be set to 0’s.
    This problem is caused by the system that created the image. If mastered with Eclipse's ImageEncoder system, it will be mastered "as is".
    Annotations Setup Create View ?
    Type: DVD Rule
    Reference: DVD Part 1 - Physical Specifications PH-40
    Default Program Action: Error
    Rule ID: 347

Can anyone give me some suggestion?

• Alex Thuering
    Alex Thuering
    2013-09-24

Try to select "just generate" and then burn VIDEO_TS folder (you can find it in the selected temp directory) using ImgBurn:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

• banbanroa
      banbanroa
      2013-10-02

Thanks for the advice Alex, I tried but unfortunately again I received the error report from the production company.

• Lenvx
    Lenvx
    2013-10-05

Hi,i have the same problem....you have tryed to use DVDFab or DVD Decrypter to remove protection?

• banbanroa
      banbanroa
      2013-10-05

Not yet, but I tried AnyDVD and other program but didn't find any copyright protection. Did you try them and solve the problem already?

• Lenvx
    Lenvx
    2013-10-06

I have tried with DVDFab but i not yet sent to the production company..