Menu buttons don't work in stand alone

Help
2011-03-17
2013-09-22
  • Odir Torres
    Odir Torres
    2011-03-17

Hi, There.
    I've created a DVD, using the  pre-configured menu buttons. When playing the final DVD  in the pc , buttons work fine. But playing it on my Philips BDP-3000, menu opens fine, but remote buttons don't work. No button is highlighted. Although pressing remote's 'Play' button, video won't play.. Using DVDStyler 1.8.2.1.

• TomCap
    TomCap
    2011-03-20

Try this:  In each button property there is a four-way focus direction that are set to "auto". Try setting the "auto" to specific directions.  Your Philips may not understand "auto" so it does nothing.

Hope this helps.

• laroulequipoul
    laroulequipoul
    2011-03-21

Dear all

i get the same focus error. Every thing is working well on PC , windows 7 / 32 b. But no action on a  standalone DVD reader ( I by it since one week and standard DVD are working well with arows). I try to change the four-way cmd to absolut direction : the same Pb.

i work with dvdstyler 1.8.2.1 and create your documentation exemple with one picture, two button and two mpg2

best regards

• Odir Torres
    Odir Torres
    2011-03-21

Thank you, tomcap21, but I've already tried this solution!! I believe there should be a cmd script to make it work,. Unfortunately, I don't know which!

• laroulequipoul
    laroulequipoul
    2011-03-25

I Kill version 1.8 of DVDstyler and I try to install version 1.7 , for me it s works now (i don t know why but no matter)

• Odir Torres
    Odir Torres
    2011-03-25

Thank you, laroulequipoul! If that worked for you, I'll try it!!

• P Walden
    P Walden
    2011-09-12

I have 1.8.3 and I saw this problem on a DVD+R DL disk that I burned. Works fine in a PC using a mouse to select the menu items, but on my older DVD player and my newer Sony BDP-S370 the navigation buttons would not work.

When I redid the disk as multiple plain DVD+Rs, the navigation worked.

I am hoping this new information may trigger some answers. Since this did not work on two different players, could it be a dvdauthor bug?

• Art S.
    Art S.
    2012-10-19

To all,
    Please check the properties window for the title. If there are prcommands then delete them This issue was the same for the MAC version and it indicates that the command to run the title is not being found thus it is hanging up. Using myDVDEdit I verifed that there is not supposed to be a precommand unless you specifically designate it.
    Regards,
    Art

• Alex Thuering
    Alex Thuering
    2012-10-21

if you use "call last menu;" in the title post-commands, then pre-commands will be added automatically
    So you need to change it to "call menu;" for all titles.
    Or since 2.3 you can select "root menu" as default title post command when creating a new project.

• Henry de Jong
    Henry de Jong
    2013-09-22

In all my various tries at burning a DVD with menus in v2.5 I was getting no menu functionality whatever in my DVD player. Dead buttons. Buttons were not and could not be selected. But the menu worked in my Windows 7 player. I was about ready to give up on DVDStyler, but I decided to upgrade my DVD player first, just in case. I had a Phillips DVP 642, which must be at least five years old. I bought a Phillips 3680 for $40. All of my experiments came to life in the new player and I'm happily committed to DVDStyler again.