Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Swap screen - bug report and feature request

Help
kirillkh
2014-04-21
2014-04-24
  • kirillkh
    kirillkh
    2014-04-21

Hi and thanks for this great tool! I am using swap screen because it is the only tool I could find that locks the cursor to a monitor in a strict way (other tools use some kind of polling mechanism, which leaves room for occasional mouse click on the wrong monitor).

1. There is a bug where swap screen forgets that it was supposed to lock the cursor, and the cursor moves freely. I don't know exactly how to reproduce this, but it happens a lot. I am using the control key feature to temporarily unlock the cursor - perhaps that's where the bug is. As a workaround, I press my keyboard shortcut for "lock cursor onto screen" (which normally toggles the locked mode) to unlock, then press it again to re-lock. Sometimes even that doesn't help, then I bring another window to focus and try toggling again. Eventually it works.

2. I am happy with the Control key mechanism that allows to temporarily unlock the cursor, except I would really like it to be Alt and not Control, because the game that I play uses Control for another thing. So I would like to request the feature to make key responsible for this configurable.

Thanks in advance!

• Gerald Evans
    Gerald Evans
    2014-04-23

1. I would guess that you have some windows open that are running with administrator privileges, which will cause this problem. See the section 'Run as Administrator' in http://dualmonitortool.sourceforge.net/swapscreen.html for more details and a work-around.

2. Yes, good suggestion. I'll look at adding this for the next release.

• kirillkh
    kirillkh
    2014-04-23

Thanks for your reply regarding the administrator mode, I will try it. Is it possible to start the application in administrator mode when the Windows start?