66 lines (57 with data), 2.8 kB
2004-12-25 version 0.9.0
* abandoned version 0.1.x compatibility.
* the patch bank is now sent between GUI and plugin as configure
information, rather than via a (sometimes temporary) file, which
retains the intuitive operation of the UI while avoiding the
synchronization, concurrency, and security issues of the old
method. The plugin and GUI will both warn if a host sends
obsolete 'load' keys.
* changed port order so host-provided UIs will be better organized.
* MIDI CC 7 'volume' is no longer mapped to volume port, as this led
to nasty interactions between patch changes and volume changes.
CC7 is now handled internally by the plugin.
* MIDI CCs 5 'portamento time' and 8 'balance' are now mapped to
their respective ports.
* lowered output level, so it's not so blazingly hot.
* implemented polyphonic glide.
* updated patch set, saved version 0.1.x set in
2004-12-25 version 0.1.3
* added anti-aliased, minBLEP-based oscillators.
* added Fons Adriaensen's MVCLPF-3 filter.
* added velocity sensitive envelopes.
* oscillators can now be pitched downward up to 2 octaves.
* tuning and pitch bend range controls added.
* extensive GUI reorganization, replaced sliders with linked knob
and spin button, replaced waveform labels with pixmaps,
defaults to use of GTK+ 2.x, but can still use GTK+ 1.2.
* documented voice architecture in README.
* implemented GUI OSC configure handling of 'monophonic',
'polyphony', and project directory key. 'load' is still
* implemented plugin project directory support.
* build system now uses pkgconfig to locate dssi and liblo, plugin
will be built without GUI if GTK+ is not found.
* 'About' dialog shows GUI and host OSC URLs.
* changed activate() to new behavior.
* plugin is now fully multi-thread safe.
* plugin includes patch bank name in load failure messages.
* liblo 0.12 or better now required (lo_server_set_nonblocking()
2004-07-16 version 0.1.0
* extended documentation.
* fixed duplicate free of synth->patches [Chris Cannam].
* fixed OSC MIDI handling (status byte in m, not m).
* added support for new "user-friendly" instance identifier passed
to UI as argv.
* temporary patch bank saves now go to ~/.xsynth-dssi/.
* fixed mis-interpolation bug (lrintf() rounds, not floors....)
* added 'exiting' method.
2004-05-22 initial alpha release ("v0.01")
* added more documentation.
* adapted to use automake/autoconf. Requires automake 1.7+ for the
'plugin' macros to build the xsynth-dssi.so correctly.
* cleaned up patch library, rebuilt friendly patches.
* header file reorganization.
* removed all references to channels or 'fluid' or 'fmu' anything.
* extended the maximum name length to 30.