From: Carl Jones <carlj@MIT.EDU> - 2006-01-27 17:46:33
For those having problems getting SRW 1.1.1 to work with the latest
DSpace 1.3.2 release you might try copying the postgres*.jar,
lucene.jar, and dspace.jar files from the /dspace/lib directory into
your servlet containers SRW/WEB-INF/lib. I'm using postgres-8.1.2 and
tomcat 5.0.28. SRW comes pre-packaged with its own postgres, dspace, and
lucene jar's which are not up-to-date with the dspace 1.3.2 versions.
I removed the original SRW/lib/postgresql.jar and copied the dspace
version in its place. I did not rename my postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc2.jar
file. The important thing is that dspace and SRW are in sync. Many
thanks to Ralph LeVan and also Richard Rodgers for this suggestion.
SRW now successfully does title searches against my 1.3.2 DSpace
instance. Unfortunately, other search types (eg. subject) are having
problems but Ralph is looking into this.
The documentation is a little unclear in this regard so hopefully this
Senior Systems Analyst
Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139