*Call for contributions – DSpace User Group Meeting at Open Repositories
“Open Services for Open Content: Local In/Global Out”
9-13 July, University of Edinburgh
The DSpace User Group is looking for engaging contributions to OR 2012
to inform and enrich the community of developers, researchers,
repository managers, administrators and practitioners who work within
the DSpace repository environment. As stated in the main conference call
for papers, user group proposals are invited describing novel
experiences or developments in the construction and use of repositories
involving issues specific to the DSpace platform.
5th Mar 2012: Deadline for user group sessions
6th Apr 2012: Notification of acceptance
12-13 July 2012: DSpace User Group Meeting at Open Repositories 2012
In the spirit of the Repository Fringe <http://repositoryfringe.org>
tradition at Edinburgh, this year we are especially open to a range of
interactive formats for contributions, such as panels, tutorials,
facilitated round table discussions, stories, or presentations of
varying length. Please indicate such intentions in your proposal.
The following themes may assist but should not limit your imagination:
* Interesting/novel uses of DSpace
* Impact of repositories on a local or global community; supporting
open scholarship in different ways
* Enhancing the user experience: custom themes, unique features, data
visualisation tools, PDF readers, image galleries, video streaming...
* Easing the deposit process: batch ingest, metadata mining or
automated publishers' lookup...
* Integration with other software: Using DSpace with CRIS systems,
iTunesU, Content Management Systems, reference management
applications, SWORD, REST API ...
* Usage statistics: gearing up DSpace for the 'impact agenda', using
Google Analytics with DSpace, using alt-metrics, displaying download
statistics for users and communities in engaging ways
* Curation tools and preservation policy issues: using the new DSpace
native tools in workflows; towards the Trusted Repository; Duracloud
* Use of faceted search and other discovery enhancements
* Applying metadata standards within DSpace; Linked Open Data
* Customising DSpace; XML User Interface modifications
* Working in an Open Source community: use of Duraspace collaboration
*Submitting your proposal*
Visit the Open Repositories 2012 conference website:
The submission system is expected to be online shortly. To keep up with
developments, follow @openrepos2012 on Twitter or check the website often.
For enquiries, please contact the DSpace User Group Chair, Robin Rice,
R.Rice@... or the local organisers, or2012@...
EDINA and Data Library
University of Edinburgh
0131 651 1317 (M, W, F)
0131 651 1431 (T, Th)
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.