I was wondering if any of you went through one of the following initiatives for certifying your DSpace repository.
TRAC Project (Center for Research Libraries)
DINI Certification (German organization for networked information)
(Driver guidelines are based on this)
DRAMBORA (Digital Repository Audit Method Based on Risk Assessment) Toolkit
If you did, a few questions:
- How much effort was required from your side ?
- How much effort was required from the side of the certification authority (if there was one) ? Were there any costs involved ?
- Did your DSpace installation comply with the requirements of the certification right away, or did you have to make modifications//changes ?
- If you had to modify your installation for compliance, was this because of your own customizations or decisions you made in your metadata profiles, or because of some DSpace-specific properties ?
- Do you have any advice or comments for people who are looking at certification ? Is it worth the effort//costs ?
with best regards,
@mire - http://www.atmire.com
Technologielaan 9 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
533 2nd Street - Encinitas, CA 92024 - USA
http://www.togather.eu - Before getting together, get Tog@ther