After emailing, I tried tracing the issue again. Found the bug. Corrected it and made a pull request (I am not sure if that is the right way to do).

getBooleanProperty("ldap.enable"); was searching for ldap.enable in dspace.cfg instead of its own file.


On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM, helix84 <helix84@centrum.sk> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM, lifeh2o@gmail.com <lifeh2o@gmail.com> wrote:
> LDAPServlet.java -->
> boolean ldap_enabled =
> ConfigurationManager.getBooleanProperty("ldap.enable");

This is the weird thing here. It should be

ConfigurationManager.getProperty("authentication-ldap", "enable");

all the way back to DSpace 1.7 when the [dspace]/config/modules was
introduced. Yet when I grep the jspui codebase, I find both
ConfigurationManager.getBooleanProperty("ldap.enable") and
ConfigurationManager.getProperty("authentication-ldap", "enable").
Either it works both ways or nobody uses LDAP with JSPUI...

Anyway, try changing the code to what I suggested and let us know the results.


Regards,
~~helix84

Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette



--
~Life H2O~
http://About.Me/LifeH2O