Deadline for submissions is 28 February!
Call for proposals – DSpace User Group Meeting 2011, held in conjunction with Open Repositories 2011
7-11 June 2011, Austin, TX, US
You are invited to submit presentation proposals describing your experiences implementing, using, customizing and developing DSpace. We are soliciting proposals of both a practical (tutorials, case studies, best practices) and theoretical nature.
Themes include, but are not limited to:
· Developing / customizing the interface for your repository: Manakin, Mirage etc.
· Digital preservation environments, policies and issues
· Metadata in DSpace - use of alternative standards to DC, data modeling and linked data, METS solutions, new tools etc.
· Object reuse and exchange (OAI-ORE), SWORD and SWAP
· Interoperability and integration: among repositories, with other systems, with the Web
· Workflow integration
· Managing ETD workflows
· Supporting e-research, data and local communities
· Repository metrics, evaluation, and bibliometrics
· Increasing searching, promotion and visibility through data mining or other means
• Submission: 28 February 2011
• Notification of acceptance: 14 April 2011
(If you have questions or difficulties in using the online submission system, please contact the Helpdesk sponsored by the Texas Digital Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Digital Services and Scholarly Communication
Texas A&M University
5000 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-5000
Tel. 979.862.3534 | Cell 785.766.6587 | Fax 979.845.6238