How to use plugins

Plugins
2005-08-08
2013-04-26
  •   Hi All!

I have DrPython installed. I see there are cool plugins but I cannot user them. For example, I installed the  CodeCompletion" and "CodeMark" plugins. I have enabled the "CodeCompletion" plugin by default. I assigned the shortcut CTRL+SPACE to <Plugin>:CodeCompletion "Toggle Code Completion". However, when I'm editing a file nothing happens. No matter if I hit CTRL+SPACE or not. I have the same problem with CodeMark too. I setup the shortcuts but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

DrPython: 3.10.13.
    wxPython: 2.6
    Python: 2.4

Platform: both FreeBSD & Windows XP

Thanks,

Les

• Hello Les,

I have answered already in comp.lang.python.

The codemarks should work now.
      Code Completition (works only with the '.' key):
      Is enabled? Options => Enable Code Completion is checked?
      Then if you type for example (in a file with the ending .py
      only; if you have a new file, save it to <fname>.py before!)

wx.<here code completion should appeard>

HTH

Franz

• Hi Franz!

This is why I love Open Source software. I got this fix within some hours. I could already download 0.0.6 from the SourceForge mirror. However, I still cannot start the plugin. When I start DrPython, I get this:

Error with: CodeCompletion
      DrPython will not load this plugin.

Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\drpython\drpython.py", line 1245, in InitializePlugin
          exec(compile("import " + plugin, pluginfile, 'exec'))
        File "C:/Documents and Settings/Gandalf/Application Data/drpython/plugins/CodeCompletion.py", line 1, in ?
      ImportError: No module named CodeCompletion

I have uninstalled and re-installed the plugin so probably this is a problem with my system. I'll kepp you posted. Thank you!

Les

• Ok, it works now. I had to uninstall->restart->install->restart. I don't have a clue why. :-)

CodeCompletion works just fine for me!

Best,

Les