Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Menu and Shortcut labels, drscript

Developers
2005-02-08
2013-04-26
  • In the meantime, I have switched to drFileDialog: I like it really
    and is much more beautiful then the common dialog.

1)
        Shortcuts sometimes do not reflect the actual keyboard layout:

example: german keyboard is '#' key: in drscript, label is shown as '/'

2) Some Shortcuts don't appear in drscript (I have assigned ctrl-< (german keyboard value 226),
         which is not shown as label.

3) major problem: I have an own "TAB script".
       if the drscript identifier are shown, every tab is inserted twice.

Second: I have assigned ctrl '-' as script for inserting C++ '->'.
      So when I want to copy some text with control-Insert, it doesn't copy:
      instead it inserts '->'

I almost feel a little guilty about this menu label request ;)
    Apparantly, the menu entry is linked in wxwidgets with the hotkey.
    But here in drpy, the shortcuts are handled in the styled text control.
      There should be a mechanism to suppress the hotkey handling from the menu.

What about making it an option to display/hide menu label with hotkeys?

4) To make the whole thing complete, could there also menu with shortcuts labels for the
    right click popup menu?

5) Sorry to write it again, but could we add all styles for C++ (following are missing)
            stc.StyleSetSpec(wx.stc.STC_C_IDENTIFIER, frame.prefs.txtDocumentStyleDictionary[0])
            stc.StyleSetSpec(wx.stc.STC_C_COMMENTLINEDOC, frame.prefs.txtDocumentStyleDictionary[6])
            stc.StyleSetSpec(wx.stc.STC_C_GLOBALCLASS, frame.prefs.txtDocumentStyleDictionary[0])

stc.StyleSetSpec(wx.stc.STC_C_COMMENTDOCKEYWORD, frame.prefs.txtDocumentStyleDictionary[6])
            stc.StyleSetSpec(wx.stc.STC_C_COMMENTDOCKEYWORDERROR, frame.prefs.txtDocumentStyleDictionary[6])

In the next days i will try to integrate the menu labels for plugins.

• For all the menu stuff:

1 and 2 are somewhat related.  Unfortunately, some shortcuts don't seem to display correctly (and hence won't).

Of course, manually figuring out the text width does work (Francois submitted some code that does this perfectly), and you DO end up with the correct shortcuts but:
      The performance hit is HUGE.

Specifically with 1, I could definitely use some help figuring this out.

Is there perhaps a reliable way to translate non english keyboard keycodes to the correct character to display?

3?  What preciesly is the problem?

Do not feel guilty!  Although the reason I had delayed adding shortcuts to the menu was preciesly this reason.  There must be some kind of way to work around this :)

4) Maybe.  Although, I should proabably ensure the menu shortucts display properly in the menu labels first!

5).   I will either add this to the next bugfix release, or put it in the the next somewhat major release.

• >Is there perhaps a reliable way to translate non english keyboard keycodes to
      >the correct character to display?

This is a good question.
      I can investigate in this issue.

>3?  What preciesly is the problem?
      I have meanwhile commented out the drscript label shorcuts.
      for the tab: every time, two tabs are inserted, when I hit TAB.

>Do not feel guilty!  Although the reason I had delayed adding shortcuts to the
      >menu was preciesly this reason.  There must be some kind of way to work around
      >this :)

Ok, Ok :)

>4) Maybe.  Although, I should proabably ensure the menu shortucts display properly
      >in the menu labels first!

Yes this is more important.
      Priority low for popup menu :)

>5).   I will either add this to the next bugfix release, or put it in the the
      >next somewhat major release.

Thank you

• 3?  Does this happen with a vanilla install?

There is SOMETHING going on, but my keyboard occasionally misbehaves, so I thought that might be it.
      I will look into this (I have noticed Source Browser Go To, and Toggle SourceBrowser, seem to get launched twice every so often, but I have a bit of trouble replicating the bug (and hence locating it)).

• I cannot reproduce this at all now.

Any ideas in hunting this down?

(Perhaps I inadvertently fixed the problem, although I doubt it.)

In any case, I am almost done with 3.10.0

• I found it.  (A different bug that the new interface produced turned out to be the same thing, so I could readily reproduce and pinpoint the bug).

Hopefully things should work now.  (3.10.0)