Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Free Hosting

Developers
2004-12-31
2013-04-26
  • The cool folks over at groundhost.net have offered
    to buy us a domain name, and offer free hosting for the project.

What thoughts (besides "woot!")?

Personally, I do not want to move the project from sourceforge, or change the name for the homepage (drpython.sf.net), as it is now easy to find.

However I think this might be ideal for setting up a community site for plugins and scripts.

www.drpythoncommunity.org, or some such.

It also might be a very useful tool for distributing plugins, or making it easier to edit the plugin list.

What thoughts?

• Marek Kubica
      Marek Kubica
      2005-01-16

What about www.drpython.org or net (there can be a link to drpython.sf.net, or drpython.sf.net can have a meta-refresh to drpython.org)?
      This is a very nice offering, big thanks to groundhost.net.

What about switching to SVN? I would know a good administrated server, with HTTPS transport, ViewCVS+SVN and such.

• It is a very nice offering.

In terms of subversion, we haven't been making use of cvs as of late, so that alone would not be a reason.
      (Unless we suddenly decide to, or if the translation efforts require a lot of people to work on the core program at once).

In which case, from what I have been reading about subversion that would be a huge plus  (using it instead of cvs).