DrPython on OS X

Developers
2005-03-03
2013-04-26
  • RunLevelZero
    RunLevelZero
    2005-03-03

Well I have to say that overall it runs great.  I just wanted to let you know about a couple of things that I have found so far that aren't exactly working right.  I have spent a whole 1 hour or so with DrPython on OS X but this is what I have found.  When importing preferences and scripts and plugins.... the plugins fail.  No big deal just reinstall them.  What doesn't take is the editor prefs.  Even if you go in to modify the slide bar and change the color..... the slide bar moves but it doesn't change the color.  I have gone in to the preferences file and manually put in the colors I wanted.  So that does work.  Also notebook tab icons do not seem to work.  At least all I see is a white square.  I'll report more as I find it.  I don't expect you to get right on it or anything either with so much going on.  Who knows if you even have a mac to test with so I'll just try and report stuff as I find it and if you can fix it great, if not I'll have to live with it I guess. :).

• No mac to test on... yet :).
      I will probably have access to a mac via someone at work.

I will probably have to change the way you set colours in preferences (for styles), as there are some wierd inconsistencies depending on which platform is used.

Notebook tab icons would likely be a wxPython specific issue, and a new release is brewing, and 2.6.0 is just around the corner, so I wouldn't worry about it (check out the demo, perhaps it is drpython specific).

In terms of plugins import, do you get a traceback or any other hint?

• RunLevelZero
      RunLevelZero
      2005-03-15

I honestly can't remember what the error said but it was possibly a path issue for the plugins.  The icon issue I will try and checkout.  Yeah.. don't sweat it... I just thought you might like to know.  You have plenty on your plate.