Announcements Thread

Developers
2005-02-25
2013-04-26
  • Hello all,

I have a few announcements to make:

I got a job, and I am moving to virginia (from mass)!

I am going down sometime in the next two weeks,
    and once I make the move, I do not know how long it will take me to get up and running again (It could be just a few days, it could be more than a month).  I need to find a place to live, negotiate internet access, and all of that fun stuff.

While it is a programming job, it should not affect my work on on drpython at all (save the fact that I will have a job on top of my other projects (philosophy with children, rhetoric, etc), so I might have less time to spend.  But then, It really does not take me long to code, so any such effect would likely be minimal).

I will be working for the fine folks at siteworx (www.siteworx.com), doing zopey kind of things.

Also, the Toronto folks have been making some amazing progress (and are starting in on the debugger!!).  To this end, I have decided it would be wise to limit core development to bugfixes for a while (although some feature requests are often bugs with drpy, so those would count too).

This will make integrating code a lot easier when they finish their project.

Also, it means I can focus effort on making drpython as stable an ide as I can, and do some work with plugins
    (updating old ones, and finally getting to some neat ideas I've had for a bit, like MouseGesture support for drpy).

In terms of new features or major overhauls, we could brainstorm a bit, and be ready to make the jump when the northerners are finished.  ( :)  I'll be a southerner by then ).

So for a bit, I will be on quasi hiatus, as I have lots of stuff to do to prepare.  I will try to remember to post when I actually leave (but I have a terrible memory).

The decision on the core is not related to my moving (that only means the next few weeks I will be much busier than normal, and for a bit I will be completely offline), so it is certainly up for discussion.

Best,
    Dan

• Good luck for your move, Dan! Hope you can adjust to the new environment soon. Thanks for your wonderful work so far.

• Second; good luck for your pull away!
      Thank you for all!

• :) Thanks

• RunLevelZero
      RunLevelZero
      2005-03-01

Hope all goes well and congratulations

• It doesn't look like I will get to anything before the move, so here's the "I'm moving" post.

I'll be back once I'm settled in a new place with internet.