Help
MySTiK
2006-12-06
2013-04-26
  • MySTiK
    MySTiK
    2006-12-06

Hi all

I am currently using Xubuntu and I would like to know whether it is possible or not to allow DrPython to choose one specific Python interpreter. It chooses 2.4 by default but I would like it to use 2.5 instead. (Note that I can switch to Python 2.5 completely and DrPython will use it since it uses /usr/bin/python. But I would like it to use /usr/bin/python2.5 instead and still have 2.4 on /usr/bin/python). I already tried "#! /usr/bin/env python2.5 and #! /usr/bin/python2.5" in the files but it did not work. Any ideas?

Thank u very much!

• Hello,

sorry, at the moment not.
      Do you want to open a python prompt with another python exectutable or run a program with it.

For Python prompt you could perhaps write a DrScript:

savedpythexec = DrFrame.pythexec
      DrFrame.pythexec = <your python exec>
      DrFrame.OnPython(None) or DrFrame.ExecutePython()
      DrFrame.pythexec = savedpythexec

and bind it to a key.

The same perhaps (write an own script) to run the current file in a buffer.

• ricolai
      ricolai
      2009-05-17

Hi,
      the simplest solution is to launch DrPython with the desired version of Python

but I had an idea:

I modified the code of drpython.py in order to execute the script with the version given in the first line of the script (e.g. #!/usr/bin/python2.5 to force version 2.5 instead of the defaut one)

After line 2425:
      it was originally

else:
                  self.runcommand((self.pythexec + " -u " +  self.prefs.pythonargs + ' "' + self.txtDocument.filename + '"'  + largs), "Running " + filen, filen)                #patch: [ 1366679 ] Goto Line Should Not Display At Top Of Window

I turned it into

else:
                  test=open(self.txtDocument.filename)
                  ligne1=test.readline()
                  test.close()
                  if "/usr/bin/python" in ligne1:
                      self.pythexec=ligne1[2:] # normally, it's adequate
                  self.runcommand((self.pythexec + " -u " +  self.prefs.pythonargs + ' "' + self.txtDocument.filename + '"'  + largs), "Running " + filen, filen)                #patch: [ 1366679 ] Goto Line Should Not Display At Top Of Window
                  self.pythexec=sys.executable # to go back to the original executable

hoping it may help (or even it might be integrated in DrPython, in a cleaner way, for example by some menu allowing you to choose the python version you want to use for a specific script)

ricolai

• Should that patch go into drpyhton.py? Is that needed more times? One could read out the first line of current document (GetLine(0)) and compare it to the python path

• dupoxy
    dupoxy
    2009-09-21

this path should go into drpython.py for me and it leed's me to:
    does drpython support virtualenv  ?
    I could just creat a virtualenv install drpython in it (it should be on the pypi to make it really simple)like that I have the packages and  interpreter I need for the project I'm working on will not touching my system default.