I attached a patch against the config-0-0-1-branch that includes a
vblank configuration cleanup as proposed in a previous mail. I've tested
this briefly with the radeon driver and it seems to work all right. The
default setting is now as defined in the GLX_SGI_swap_control spec a
swap interval of 1.
The patch also removes all non-functional or unimplemented options from
the drivers. With these change I think I have the config branch in the
shape I want it to be before merging it with the trunk.
There are two potential issues with this patch but I believe they are
solved correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong or overlooked something
1. Binary compatibility: I changed the default swap_interval in
driCreateDrawable to a special value with the idea that it gets set when
the drawable is first bound to a dri context. As dri_util.c is linked
with the driver, both should interpret that special value in the same
way and binary compatibility should be no problem.
2. Reading the swap_interval with glXGetSwapIntervalMESA: As this
function works with a a current context it will only return the
swap_interval of drawables that are bound to a dri context. Thus it
should never expose the special default value to the application.
If no one objects I'll commit this on monday. Otherwise we can discuss
it on IRC on monday.
There are more issues with the vblank implementation in general. I
intend to look into that after the merge. I'd like to talk about that on
IRC on monday as well.
------------ __\|/__ ___ ___ -------------------------
Felix ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____ You can do anything,
Kühling (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________) just not everything
fxkuehl@... \___/ \___/ U at the same time.