From: Steven Shiau <steven@nc...> - 2008-02-18 08:37:31
In the release, some new functions, especially on Clonzilla, were added.
Some bugs were fixed, too. Thanks to those bug reporters.
- New upstream syslinux 3.61.
- New upstream memtest86+ 2.00.
- Ready for Debian Lenny and Ubuntu 8.04 alpha4.
- client-extra-service, client-ip-hostname, client-append-fstab in
/opt/drbl/conf were renamed with .example appended. This will avoid they
are removed when upgrading drbl. Thanks to Dave Haakenhout
<Dave.Haakenhout _at_ nccw nl>. ///Note/// If the existing version you
have is older than 1.8.2-36, remember to backup those files first. This
function will only works for drbl 1.8.2-36 to upgrade newer.
- dcs now can accept MODE2 as netinstall, Ex: "dcs -nl netinstall
netinstall-CentOS-4.6-i386". Thanks to Barny Sanchez for this idea.
- url_site in drbl.conf was changed to something like debian_url_site
so that we can assign different repositories for different distributions.
- linux-ubuntu-modules for Ubuntu >= 7.10 will be installed by default
- netinstall setting for centos now is 4.6/5.1.
- Bug fixed: find-url-in-yum-set was updated to cover some format of
fedora repo (like "baseurl = http://..., the extra space before and
- Bug fixed: If client machines are selected, in some cases they were
- Some minor bugs were fixed.
- About Clonezilla:
- New param in drbl-functions: -q1 (--force-to-use-dd) was added.
Therefore now we can force to use dd to save any filesystem. Thanks to
- An experimental option -q2 for clonezilla was added (Priority:
ntfsclone, partclone > partimage > dd).
- GPT (GUID Partition Table) is supported
- Package partclone was added so HFS+, reiserfs4 are supported by
using partclone (check -q2 when you save an image if you want to use
this). Therefore this release in Clonezilla live can be used to save and
restore an Intel-based Mac OS. It's tested successfully to save and
restore a Mac mini with Mac OS leopard + Ubuntu 7.04 installed.
- create-ubuntu-live and create-ubuntu-live now use live helper
instead of live package.
- A helper file ocs-rm-win-swap-hib was added to clean swap and
hibernation files in M$ windows system before saving. Thanks to Kristof
Vansant for this idea.
- Clonezilla version number is shown in the boot menu. Thanks to
evilmrb for this idea.
- Bug fixed: If clonezilla image is on Samba disk, LVM restoration
will fail. Thanks to Gerald HERMANT <ghermant _at_ astrel fr> for
reporting this bugs.
- Bug fixed: Custom LiveCD failed in some case.
(https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4706371) Thanks to
ser_kan and micahboggs.
- Bug fixed: LVM device file was not converted by cnvt-ocs-dev.
- Bug fixed: large number of disks and partitions will be listed and
can be scrolled down. Thanks to simon (selisha) for reporting this bug.
- Bug fixed: wget should be in PKG_FROM_DBN_MINIMAL_NEED in
drbl.conf. Thanks to vascoman for reporting this bug.
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 9762755A
Fingerprint -- A2A1 08B7 C22C 3D06 34DB F4BC 08B3 E3D7 9762 755A