After a long time DOSBox 0.60 is finally released.
The most new important feature: basic protected mode
A full changelog is included below.
Please note that the configuration files have changed: not
all options present in 0.58 will work in 0.60.
Dosbox is still a full emulator. So games designed for a
pentium are very very very slow.
This version has the same problems with non-us keyboards
as the 0.58 release. To fix this:
1. either change you keyboard layout to us.
2. try another key (for \ use /)
3. put the commands with in the configfile
We've update the homepage as well so it can support more
than one version of dosbox :)
- rewrote memory system for future paging support
- fixed several EMS and XMS bugs and rewrite for new
- added some support for tandy video modes
- added MAME Tandy 3 voice emulation
- added MAME CMS/GameBlaster emulation
- added serial port emulation with virtual tcp/ip modem
- sound blaster emulation is now sb pro 2.0 compatible
- added basic support for 32-bit protected mode
- VGA now tries to emulate an S3 Trio 64 card with 2 MB
- VESA 2.0 support for some 256 color modes
- rewrote large piece of video bios code for better
- added support for the not inheritance flags.
- created functions for creating child psp.
- updated errorcodes of findfirst (thanks Mirek!)
- rewrote loggingsystem to generate less warnings
- added dos protected mode interface (dpmi)
- added cdrom label support
- improved cdrom audio playing
- fixed and improved directory cache
- debugger shows selector- and cpu mode info
- added SELINFO (selector information) command to
- added reference counting for dos files
- added tab-completion
- added basic fpu support.
- fixed several bugs with case sensitive filesystems.
- added more shell commands and improved their
- mouse improvements.
- real time clock improvements.
- DMA fixes.
- Improved .BAT file support.