xenic
2014-05-30
2014-06-25
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • xenic
    xenic
    2014-06-21

@kas1e
    Even though the ShowPaletteBox() function is a library function, it is only called from one place in the Configopus code and nowhere else in Dopus5. I eliminated the assembler code in OS3 ShowPaletteBox() by changing the function to an internal function call in ConfigOpus. I named the "real" function as ShowPalBox() and made L_ShowPaletteBox() a dummy funcion that just returns zero "0". It works and I'll commit the change after I test some more.

The side effect of this change is that in OS3 ShowPaletteBox() cannot be called from the program or other modules. That will only be a problem in the future if someone needs to add a function call to ShowPaletteBox() in the program or modules. Technically that means we still need to change L_ShowPaletteBox() and other functions to pass some arguments in a structure or with Tags. I left the #warning in place so we remember that it eventually needs to be changed.

• kas1e
    kas1e
    2014-06-22

@Xenic
    Ok, i will start to prepare 5.91 release archives tomorrow.
    Also will create a BZ for 5.92 about "we need to change other of those asm functions to pass arguments in a sturcture or with Tags", so that will be not forgotten.

Btw, i found some interesting moment (not related to the modules, but to avoid new thread). Check plz: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/14/

What is interesting, is that i test our current os3 version on winaue/os3.9, and "esc" works for closing requesters ! It didn't on os4 (and probably mos, need to check), and maybe it is something again related to those signed/unsigned chars .. Will do more tests, but that find that same code works on os3 already make me just wander.

• xenic
    xenic
    2014-06-22

@kas1e
    The difference could be due to some custom setting in UAE. Regardless, I'm done now.

• kas1e
    kas1e
    2014-06-23

@Xenic
    Oki, will release 5.91 then.

• xenic
    xenic
    2014-06-25

@kas1e
    O.K.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)