Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Unable to deploy domainhealth-081.war

Help
Exfer
2010-01-20
2013-04-25
  • Exfer
    Exfer
    2010-01-20

Hello,
    I am trying to deploy domainhealth-081.war on a WebLogic Server Version: 10.3.1.0, using the Admin Console Deployment element.
    It gives me the following error:
    - Error Unable to access the selected application.
    - Error Exception in AppMerge flows' progression
    - Error Exception in AppMerge flows' progression
    - Error Could not find End Of Central Directory with : /opt/weblogic/scripts/domainhealth-081.war

Any suggestions on what I should look at?
    Thanks!

• Exfer
    Exfer
    2010-01-20

I tried the same on a WebLogic Server 10.0 MP1 with similar results…
    In both instances, I had unzipped the original "war" to modify the 'WEB-INF-web.xml' and 'WEB-INF-weblogic.xml' files, then zipped them back.
    Zipping/unzipping with WinRAR and WinZip gave same errors.
    I then tried the original 'war' file and was able to deploy it. I backed out before completing the deploy, as I need to change the Weblogic user specified in 'WEB-INF-weblogic.xml'

I figure I need to run both steps using the 'jar' tool.

Will try that now and update

• Paul Done
    Paul Done
    2010-01-20

Hi there

Can you specify exactly what you are changing in the war and also send the exception stack traces you are seeing (if any) in the server logs and I will try to debug it for you.

The docs/faq talk about how you can change the name of the system user used from monitoring. I guess this is what you are trying to do - can you confirm?

Thanks

Paul

• Exfer
    Exfer
    2010-01-20

Success…. The unzip and rezip using 'jar' worked.
    Deployed it on the WL 10.0 Server and it is AWESOME!!!

• Exfer
    Exfer
    2010-01-20

Hi Paul,
    I was trying to change 2 things - Our Weblogic login ID and the path for the CSVs.
    I was changing the parameters as described in the docs/faqs.
    I suppose the problem was with the say WinRAR and Winzip zip the files.
    Thank you for this wonderful tool!
    - Nik

Finally, I tried both, the unzipping and zipping back, using jar.exe and it worked like a charm.

• Paul Done
    Paul Done
    2010-01-21

Good news Nik, I'm glad its working.

I wonder whether when you originally zipped the files, you included path name of the temporary directory holding the unzipped files, rather than just the paths of the files inside this directory and hence WebLogic couldn't find things like /WEB-INF/web.xml because in the bad zip file it was listed as /mytmpdir/WEB-INF/web.xml?

Cheers

Paul

• Exfer
    Exfer
    2010-01-21

Hi Paul,
    The zipped paths were correct. I opened up the new war using both, Winzip and WinRAR to confirm.
    Zipping back with jar.exe is what worked.

Thanks,
    Nik