Date: 2013-06-06 09:13:12 +0000 (Thu, 06 Jun 2013)
Update "minimal example" hints.
--- trunk/docutils/BUGS.txt 2013-06-06 07:28:35 UTC (rev 7669)
+++ trunk/docutils/BUGS.txt 2013-06-06 09:13:12 UTC (rev 7670)
@@ -57,21 +57,24 @@
make it to understand and track down the bug, the more likely a fix
+.. _minimal example:
.. sidebar:: minimal example
- .. _minimal example:
+ A `minimal working example` is a complete example which is as as small and
+ simple as possible. It should be complete and working, so that
- A minimal example is an example which is as small as possible. These
- examples are much easier to understand than long examples.
+ * you cannot accidentally omit information important to diagnosing
+ the problem and
+ * the person responding can just copy-and-paste the code to try it out.
- To construct an example which is as small as possible, the rule is
- quite simple: *remove anything which is not necessary*.
+ To construct an example which is as small as possible, the rule
+ quite simple: *remove/leave out anything which is not necessary*.
- See also: `LaTeX FAQ`__, `Lilypond Documentation`__, minimalbeispiel.de__
+ See also: `What is a minimal working example?`__, `LaTeX FAQ`__
+ __ http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html
- __ http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Minimal-examples
- __ http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html
Now you're ready to write the bug report. Please include:
This was sent by the SourceForge.net collaborative development platform, the world's largest Open Source development site.