WebDav install query - help request

2013-11-04
2013-11-15
  • Tim Chipman
    Tim Chipman
    2013-11-04

Hi, I think I have a pretty simple install question; just seeking help. I setup DocMgr on a clean Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server and DocMgr itself is working happily. But WebDav is giving me issues.

Docmgr files are directly in the directory, /var/www
    Thus the path, /var/www/sabredav exists and it contains the webdav.php file

I have a vhost defined for "webdav.domain.local" which has webroot defined as,

DocumentRoot "/var/www/sabredav"

but the install docs for DocMGr relating to WebDav suggest I should instead have a path for DocumentRoot for this as, /www/docmgr

(as per URL: http://www.docmgr.org/documentation/installation-guide/ Docs)

I am slightly confused, thus, since the sabredav files are in their own subdirectory.. and the webdav.php file is in the sabredav/ subdir.

Presently when I connect to webdav, I am able to connect:authenticate, and if I transfer in a folder - it goes successfully. But any file (ie, a "hello world.txt" file) returns an error after ~30 seconds of spinning wheels, suggesting the 'filesystem is full / file too large' (Win7 WebDav built-in client for webdav access attempt)

So - I suspect I simply have a mistaken configuration; possibly related to the webdav vhost webroot; but I am not 100% certain - to put it mildly.

If anyone can give me a kick in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help .. !

Tim

• Tim Chipman
    Tim Chipman
    2013-11-14

ping -just curious if anyone is reading these support pages ? Thanks! -- Tim

• Eric Lawman
    Eric Lawman
    2013-11-15

Sorry, Tim. I dropped the ball on responding. Here's an example config that will hopefully point you in the right direction. The current website installation instructions are out of date.

<VirtualHost *:80="">

# General setup for the virtual host
    DocumentRoot "/www/docmgr/sabredav"
    ServerName files.docmgr.org
    ServerAdmin elawman@eastwestp.com
    ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/files-error_log
    TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/files-access_log

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /webdav.php [L]

</VirtualHost>

Feel free to connect to it. It's a webdav interface to the demo site for 2.0. admin/admin will get you on.

Eric