No Search REsults

• PMan

I have switched to mod_php and gotten to the point where there are no errors. But when I type any text or number into the search filed at the upper right, I get 0 results.  I can go to a collection with a bunch of files, and typ in the first letter, or the first word of a file, and I get 0 results.

Would there be anything in /tmp/api.log that would indicate why I'm not getting any results? What would I look for?

• Anonymous

hi we might have the same problem are you using a guest account to search?if so the author gave me these bug fix
    DROP VIEW docmgr.dm_view_search;
    CREATE VIEW docmgr.dm_view_search AS
    SELECT,, dm_object.summary, dm_object.object_owner, dm_object.filesize, dm_object.last_modified, dm_index.idxfti
       FROM docmgr.dm_index
       LEFT JOIN docmgr.dm_object ON dm_index.object_id =;

• Eric Lawman
    Eric Lawman

What type of documents are you searching for?  Are these text files, office documents, or something else?  Also, you can see what DocMGR has indexed in the docmgr.dm_index table.  I have a feeling there's something happening when the indexer script tries to run.  You can test it by going to your root docmgr installation directory and running "php bin/docmgr-indexer.php -reindex-all".  This will reindex all documents in your DocMGR installation and you'll be able to see if any errors are being generated.

• PMan

Problem solved!  Thanks again Eric.

I had disabled user id#1 and was using a different user name/ID for the admin account. So bin/docmgr-indexer.php wouldn't run with the default ID #1. When I tried to run it from the command line, I got "the Account is Disabled". 

I changed the default ID#, and now all is well.

• jonesal2

I am having the same problems too, here's the output fromthe CLI

root@docmgr:/var/www/docmgr# php bin/docmgr-indexer.php --reindex-all
    PHP Warning:  include(header/ failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/docmgr/bin/docmgr-indexer.php on line 21
    PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening 'header/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/docmgr/bin/docmgr-indexer.php on line 21
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant APP_PHP - assumed 'APP_PHP' in /var/www/docmgr/app/common-docmgr.php on line 152
    Error!  The application <b>APP_PHP</b> could not be found in /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games<br>
                      This application is required by DocMGR to run.<br><br>