Developers
PMan
2011-08-10
2013-03-22
  • PMan
    PMan
    2011-08-10

Greetings!

This is a feature request;  I would like a keyword (really an additional field) in docMGR that displays the item ID (it shows up in the url of the document).  Asking a user to look in the url is less than user friendly.  We do technical documents as part of projects, and it would be great to have a unique document number.  This would be listed on the drawing itself.  That makes it a lot easier to pull up the document when edits need to be done.

If implemented as a keyword, it would be a display option. I would be happy to see it as a standard field in the object properties screen.

A search field "Object ID" would need to be added as well.

Thanks for a great piece of software!

I'm running it on a 64 bit FreeBSD 7.2 server with Postgres 9.

Regards,
    Paul

• Eric Lawman
    Eric Lawman
    2011-08-11

Just to be clear, you wanted this in the object properties page?  Or in the document editor?

• PMan
    PMan
    2011-08-11

In the object properties page.

Thanks for the quick response!

• PMan
    PMan
    2012-01-02

Greetings;

How can I add a field to display the "Object ID" in the object properties page?

I'm guessing  that it's not much code, but I don't know what to add, or what file to add it to.

Thanks in advance!
    Paul

• Eric Lawman
    Eric Lawman
    2012-01-05

Sorry!  We had an ongoing condo and I never responded!  Sigh, it's been a long year.

Drop this into the modules/center/docmgr/proplib/properties.js file

function showObjID()
    {
        var cell = ce("div","propCell");
       cell.appendChild(ce("div","formHeader","","Object ID"));
       cell.appendChild(ce("div","objectIdCell","",objinfo.id));
      return cell;
    }

Then, starting at line 15 of the same file, you'll see a bunch of content.appendChild lines.  Just
    insert "content.appendChild(showObjID());" in between one of the existing lines, depending on where
    you want it, and refresh the page.

Eric

• PMan
    PMan
    2012-01-06

Thanks Eric,  it works perfectly!

• PMan
    PMan
    2012-01-08

Greetings Eric;

I hope this year is less stressful!

I would like to be able to search for a document based on it's ID.
    Best case scenario would be if I could add a search criteria for Object ID.
    2nd best (more complicated), would be a script that loads the object ID into a keyword during the initial save.
    - Thinking out loud… that's not good because (a) it's complicated, and (b) it's redundant.

So how would I add a search criteria for object ID?

Regards,
    Paul

• Eric Lawman
    Eric Lawman
    2012-01-18

Try this:

around line 229 of the apilib/lib/docmgr/lib/search_function.php file, add something like

if (is_numeric($string))
    {
    $sqlArr = "SELECT id FROM docmgr.dm_object WHERE id='".$string."'";
    }

I tested this out and it worked fine.  You will be limited to whether or not you are searching in the current folder, or everywhere, depending on your search parameters. 

I'll just leave it in so the functionality will be there for the next release.

Eric

• PMan
    PMan
    2012-02-06

Greetings Eric;

I added the above code in apilib/lib/docmgr/lib/search_function.inc.php and it didn't work (no errors, but it doesn't pull up any files from the object id). I moved DocMGR to a cPanel VPS instance, and I've been having other issues, so maybe this issue is related as well.

I'm looking into changing to mod_php (not sure if I can on this VPS, but I'll try). In the meantime, it seems that mod_php is a requirement for DocMGR at this time.

Regards,
    Paul