Index text in Excel Charts

whumann
2014-02-11
2014-02-12
  • whumann
    whumann
    2014-02-11

Just tested this with two Excel 2010 files: it looks to me like text on regular sheets is indexed but text in charts is not. Would it be possible to include that?

DocFetcher is a very nice program by the way. I really appreciate it's continuing support and development!
    (When I open it and it starts indexing newly found docs, can I see when it's finished?)

• Nam-Quang Tran
    Nam-Quang Tran
    2014-02-11

Hi,

it looks to me like text on regular sheets is indexed but text in charts is not. Would it be possible to include that?

It should be possible, although at the moment I don't have the time to implement new features.

When I open it and it starts indexing newly found docs, can I see when it's finished?

In the current version, DocFetcher does not inform about this, but I will keep that in mind for a future release.

Best regards
    q:-) <= Quang

• whumann
    whumann
    2014-02-12

Great. Good to know that you will consider these if you choose / find time to work on a new version. About some indexing progress indicator: If I remember correctly, there's a window showing what's currently being worked on during the initial indexing process. Something like that would be great during re-indexing.

Best regards,
    Wolfram