Menu

Docfetcher 1.1.12 - Pdf errors

TGM
2014-09-25
2014-10-10
  • TGM

TGM - 2014-09-25

Hi,

Thanks for this new release. I've rebuilt the indexes, everything working well ... except some errors on pdf files.

For example, I got a "java.lang.NullPointerException" on a file you can download here : http://www.nber.org/papers/w17316.
    I "converted" it with gsview, I get same error.
    I've some other errors :
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException - but this file is password protected

An error "20" on a ppt file (may be the file name is "malformed" : "xxxx xxxxx .ppt"
    An error : "Couldn't instantiate the class for type with id 4012 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.StyleTextProp9Atom : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    Cause was : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" on another ppt file.

After renaming the first file and make some updates on both on them (office-2003) I've the same errors

Not allowed character in hex string; char code: 158 : It is a ppt file saved as pdf (course presentation).

I can send you these files if they can help you to reproduce the error.

Is it possible to save the log automaticaly after indexing, reindexing or update the index files ?

Best regards

TGM

• Nam-Quang Tran

Nam-Quang Tran - 2014-09-25

Hi,

Yes, I'll take a look at the files if you send them to me. Note however that problems with specific files usually require bugfixes in third-party libraries, as explained on the DocFetcher FAQ, question "What can I do about all those errors during indexing?".

Is it possible to save the log automaticaly after indexing, reindexing or update the index files ?

Nope, this is currently not supported.

Best regards
    q:-) <= Quang

• TGM

TGM - 2014-09-30

Hi

Sorry for the delay. The first pdf file can be downloaded from the link I mentioned in the first message.
    I've read the FAQ many times...
    Here is the others files (code 20 and Couldn't instantiate...)

• TGM

TGM - 2014-09-30

the second file (the first one is error = 20)

• TGM

TGM - 2014-09-30

the pdf file (note : I've many files with comments with no problems - Typewriter comment type - Foxit Reader)

• Nam-Quang Tran

Nam-Quang Tran - 2014-10-06

Just wanted to say that I'm a little busy right now, so I couldn't take a look at the files. I will try to do so by the end of the week.

• Nam-Quang Tran

Nam-Quang Tran - 2014-10-10

I've fixed the problem with these files by upgrading some of DocFetcher's third-party libraries. You can download the new inofficial DocFetcher version from here: docfetcher-1.1.12-portable.zip

This new version should be able to index more files successfully, including the files above.