Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Indexing a .pst file just stops

Goose
2014-03-31
2014-04-02
  • Goose
    Goose
    2014-03-31

    No error or anything it just stops processing at the same point every time I try it. I have checked the file with scanpst and it reports no errors. I have tried using a different memory allocation by using one of the alternate binaries and the same thing happens.

    What can I try next?

     
  • Nam-Quang Tran
    Nam-Quang Tran
    2014-04-01

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, there's probably not much we can do here, since the PST processing is handled by a component called java-libpst, which is developed independently of DocFetcher.

    Best regards
    q:-) <= Quang

     
  • Goose
    Goose
    2014-04-02

    Hmm.. OK.

    I popped over to the libpst site, grabbed the source, compiled the Test program and ran it against the .pst file that was causing me problems and it ran to the end counting all of the emails. I'll have a play...

     
  • Nam-Quang Tran
    Nam-Quang Tran
    2014-04-02

    Well, if you can program in Java, that changes things of course. We basically have two options here:

    1) If you're willing to let me take a look at the PST file, I could try to identify the problem myself.

    2) If not, then you could compile the DocFetcher source code, run the program in the Eclipse debugger and find the code location where the program hangs. Then I might be able to give you further directions.