This supersedes the patch I supplied recently to bug
* Switch from using ldquo/rdquo everywhere to <quote>.
* While doing the above, corrected a typo where two
left quotes were used
* Eliminate rdquo entities used after xref tags; this
looks like a
workaround for an old stylesheet problem, but now
results in duplicate
* Eliminate the ancient commentary regarding the XML
DTD: "We've included
one on the <acronym>CD</acronym>, but it hasn't been
officially adopted by
the <acronym>OASIS</acronym> DocBook Technical
* Wrap blocks of sample XML and SGML in CDATA. This
motivated by the &amp; problem noted in this bug
report, and the
realization that the sample code is much easier to
maintain this way.
* Switch from 3.1.4 XML DTD references to 4.2.
* Typo: "indentified"
* s/.sgm/.xml in sample internal DTD snippets for XML
* All sample attribute values are now quoted
* Update the emacs variables at the end
* Eliminate empty closing tags in a bibliograpy example