Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Possible bug harvested records

Anonymous
2012-10-16
2012-12-12

• Anonymous
    2012-10-16

Hi -

I harvested the following URL using JOAI

http://www.escholarship.org/uc/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&setSpec=wrca

I got 167 records. However, the records don\'t pass XMLLint. I get the message "Input:1: namespace error : Namespace prefix xsi for schemaLocation on dc is not defined". I tried to post the full message from XMLLint but Sourceforge thinks that the message is spam.

I think this is a bug in JOAI. Please let me know if it is not.

Garey Mills

• Anonymous
    2012-10-31

Given that some of the repositories that I am harvesting are not including an xmlns:xsi declaration on the level of record, but on the level of the document, I would like to manipulate the record file production to include that declaration if necessary. Is it possible to get the source code in order to do that? If not, is that something that could be added?

• Anonymous
    2012-11-09

John -

I emailed you with a one line (two with comments) change to Harvester.java that fixes the problem described in this thread. Did you get the email? I am installing JOAI on a stripped down machine and would appreciate if I could get a binary distribution (for some reason, the binary I am compiling works on the machine I compiled it on, but not on the one I want to run it on)

Garey

• Garey,

I got the code. I'll send separate info about obtaining a binary distribution with this included…

Thanks!

-john

• Anonymous
    2012-11-15

John - Any progress?

• I'm waiting on a couple other contributions for the next release. Should be soon…