Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Compile DivFix++ on Kubuntu 8.04

Help
willyhelmi
2009-01-30
2012-07-13
  • willyhelmi
    willyhelmi
    2009-01-30

Hello,
    I try to compile DivFix++V0.31 on my Kubuntu 8.04. Unfortunately a make return lots of errors:

~/Downloads/DivFix++_v0.31$ make
    wx-config --cxx wx-config --cxxflags -c -Os src/DivFix++App.cpp -o src/DivFix++App.o
    In file included from src/DivFix++App.h:61,
    from src/DivFix++App.cpp:32:
    src/DivFix++Core.h:51: Fehler: ISO-C++ verbietet Deklaration von »wxTextCtrl« ohne Typ
    src/DivFix++Core.h:51: Fehler: expected »;« before »« token
    src/DivFix++Core.h:52: Fehler: ISO-C++ verbietet Deklaration von »wxGauge« ohne Typ
    src/DivFix++Core.h:52: Fehler: expected »;« before »
    « token
    src/DivFix++Core.h:53: Fehler: ISO-C++ verbietet Deklaration von »wxProgressDialog« ohne Typ
    src/DivFix++Core.h:53: Fehler: expected »;« before »« token
    src/DivFix++Core.h:96: Fehler: expected )' before »*« token src/DivFix++Core.h:97: Fehler: expected)' before »
    « token
    In file included from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/window.h:23,
    from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/toplevel.h:21,
    from /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/frame.h:19,
    from src/DivFix++.h:43,
    from src/DivFix++App.cpp:33:
    /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h: In constructor »wxBusyCursorSuspender::wxBusyCursorSuspender()«:
    /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:65: Fehler: »wxIsBusy« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
    /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:67: Fehler: »wxBusyCursor« wurde nicht deklariert

Do you have any idea what's wrong with my environment?

BTW I also downloaded the binary, but there I get the error:

~/Downloads/DivFix++_v0.31$ ./DivFix++
    Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
    The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
    and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers).
    Aborted

..and so I tried to compile from source.

thanks and regards, Willy

• willyhelmi
      willyhelmi
      2009-01-31

Hello,
      after digging around quite a while I found the solution, my environment was missing the packets "libgtk2.8-0" and "libgtk-2.8-dev".
      After installing these libraries, all went ok.
      regards. Heinz

• willyhelmi
        willyhelmi
        2009-01-31

Sorry,
        wrong packet-names, The libraries are "libwxgtk2.8-0" and "libwxgtk-2.8-dev".

• Death Knight®
          Death Knight®
          2009-01-31

Since DivFix++ written with wxAPI, you need those libraries. :)
          I suggest you to compile from SVN trunk. It has some enhancements.
          :)