Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Unable to launch Dispcalgui v.1.5.3.1

Anonymous
2013-11-25
2013-12-28

• Anonymous
    2013-11-25

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "dispcalGUI.pyw", line 15, in <module>
    File "dispcalGUI\dispcalGUI.pyc", line 85, in <module>
    File "dispcalGUI\config.pyc", line 20, in <module>
    File "dispcalGUI\defaultpaths.pyc", line 48, in <module>
    com_error: (-2147467259, '\xcd\xe5\xee\xef\xee\xe7\xed\xe0\xed\xed\xe0\xff \xee\xf8\xe8\xe1\xea\xe0', None, None)

These entries appear in the log after each start attempt. Tried to run on several different computers and constantly the same. Tried windows 7 32 bit and 64, the same thing. Previously, I have successfully used a version 1.2.7.0, but now she also stopped working on all computers available to me. Maybe got some windows 7 upgrade incompatible with dispcallGIU? Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

• Florian Hoech
    Florian Hoech
    2013-11-27

It's maybe an odd configuration on your PC (dispcalGUI needs write access to the 'User' directory, typically C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\dispcalGUI). I've never seen the error you posted though. At first glance it seems to be related to the 'Startup' folder in the start menu. Can you check permissions on that folder (C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)?

• Anonymous
    2013-12-02

I run this program as administrator and write permissions to the following folders there.

• Florian Hoech
    Florian Hoech
    2013-12-08

I can not fix this issue (it is a Windows error), only work around it. Try this snapshot:

http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/download/snapshot/dispcalGUI-win32.zip

Because an autostart entry to load calibration when installing a profile cannot be created due to the error, you have to use Windows 7 built-in calibration loading (run dispcalGUI as admin and enable "let the operating system handle calibration loading" in the profile installation dialog).

• Anonymous
    2013-12-09

Looks like we do not understand each other. The problem does not occur when I start windows. The problem is that I can not run dispcalGUI. When I try to run the program every time an error occurs and there logentries about which I wrote in the first post. I just can not run dispcalGUI.

• Florian Hoech
    Florian Hoech
    2013-12-09

I'm understanding you well, but sorry, not being able to enumerate the startup directory using the MS supplied API is a Windows error in my eyes (it works fine here, so I suppose this is limited to your system(s)). Have you tried the snapshot?

• Anonymous
    2013-12-10

I always try to use Windows 7 built-in calibration loading (run dispcalGUI as admin and enable "let the operating system handle calibration loading" in the profile installation dialog). So I always run the program with administrator privileges, but there is no result.

Snapshot that you gave works great! Thank you! ))) And it works on the same computers that are not running version 1.5.3.1 and 1.2.7.0 too. (Windows 7 x32 and x64)

Last edit: Florian Hoech 2013-12-10
  • Florian Hoech
    Florian Hoech
    2013-12-10

Ok, thanks for the feedback. The workaround will be in the next release.

• Anonymous
    2013-12-28

Just same problem @W7 64bit.
    And napshot solve it! Thank you!

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments