Profile gamma shift on Windows reboot

ptaylor999
2014-02-22
2014-03-12
  • ptaylor999
    ptaylor999
    2014-02-22

Hi all.

First time posting on this forum and I'm really hoping someone may have a solution to this very annoying problem.

Also, a quick thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. Your experience and advice is helping me tremendously.

My issue is this: After doing a calibration with dispcalGUI on my Windows 7 box (running 2 GTX 580s) using my i1Display Pro, everything looks great. I install the profile at the end of the process and the monitor looks quite good. The problem is that every time I reboot my system, there seems to be a gamma shift (or something) that occurs, and now the calibrated monitor, which is still running the latest profile, seems too bright and washed out. At this point, my only solution has been to do a fresh calibration and just keep my computer running. This really isn't a viable option, or solution to the problem.

Now, maybe this is not a gamma shift, but that's all I could come up with. So I'm wondering if this is a Windows issue?, an NVidia issue? (I've checked the "Other applications control color settings" radio box in the NVidia panel), or perhaps a problem with the way dispcalGUI is installing the profile.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks so much.

• Ivan Tsyba
    Ivan Tsyba
    2014-03-11

Maybe something resetting LUT curves during Windows startup.
    Compare curves created during calibration, and curves that a in LUT after Windows boot (use profile info and Curve Viewer respectively)

• roadtonever
    roadtonever
    2014-03-12

Another profile loader installed?

Last edit: roadtonever 2014-03-12

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments