Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

GSSF.ax not possible to register

Fotis
2013-05-01
2013-05-05
  • Fotis
    Fotis
    2013-05-01

Hello.I have problem registering the GSSF.ax in win 7 x86.I tried to register but I receive an error tha there is a problem with the binary format or something like this.So I run the pre compile edition inside the sample in C++.Then I had cannot open <stream.h> and finally I went to baseclasses and compile then and got strmBase.lib and strmbasd.lib and finally got the generinSamplesourcefile.lib.But still cannot register the GSSF.ax.

I get this error:MSB3073: The command "regsvr32 /s "C:\Users\Frankie\Desktop\DirectShowSamples-2010-February\Samples\Misc\GSSF\filter.\Debug\GenericSampleSourceFilter-2005.lib"
    :VCEnd" exited with code 3.
    Does anybody knows what is wrong?

Last edit: Fotis 2013-05-01
  • allensbad
    allensbad
    2013-05-02

Are you running regsrvr32 as an administrator?

I had to create a batch file and then r-click it and select run as administrator.

Hope that helps

Al

• Fotis
    Fotis
    2013-05-02

Thanks for replying.Yes I run the command propmpt as administrator.But still not possible to register the filter.I also tried to compile the source code in c++ but I had a lot of errors.The lib that it was compiled it wasn't registered as the error I described above says....So is it possible to send me the batch file you created or the ax you created or anyway explain me how you made the batch file...
    thanks anyway....

• snarfle
    snarfle
    2013-05-02

Looking at the command you posted, you are trying to run regsvr32 against GenericSampleSourceFilter-2005.lib? Shouldn't you be running that against GSSF.ax?

• Fotis
    Fotis
    2013-05-04

My friend i did two things and finally solved the problem.First I run also the visual studio as administrator and secondly against the GGsf.ax!Now i have another question.Can i
    install the GSSF.ax i made with this computer to another computer or do ihave to do the same procedure(building the baseclasses and then after build the GSSF.ax)????
    And secondly what is the difference between the gssf.ax and the genericSamplesourcefilter.dll?
    I want to thank you because i was despert.......

• snarfle
    snarfle
    2013-05-05

It should not be necessary to rebuild gssf.ax. You should be able to use the same one for all.

Unless you need a 64bit version. But since the 32bit version will run on 64bit, this usually won't be necessary.

• Fotis
    Fotis
    2013-05-05

You are right my friend I tested in another pc and it was registered.I suppose that the dll with ax is the same thing.....