Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How to set video capture bitrate?

dmarsi
2014-01-15
2014-01-17
  • dmarsi
    dmarsi
    2014-01-15

In the sample project DxLogo I'd like to have control of the bitrate of the resulting video. Within the method SetConfigParms I tried to add:

v.BitRate = 320000;

Yet this doesn't have any affect.

Any help would be great!

• mm1352000
    mm1352000
    2014-01-16

If you want to control the bit rate, you have to control the encoder which generates the video. If the capture source has an encoder (eg. a TV capture card) you might be able to do this by using the ICodecAPI, IEncoderAPI or IVideoEncoder interfaces. Otherwise, you'll have to connect encoder filters into the graph to re-encode the incoming or outgoing stream.

Good luck!

• dmarsi
    dmarsi
    2014-01-16

Thanks.

I have an encoder filter working and have pulled the IAMVideoCompression interface out of it but it doesn't seem to give very much control over the encoder. Other than Quality, WindowSize, etc, is there anyway to control an encoder's options?

• snarfle
    snarfle
    2014-01-17

How you change the settings for an encoder depends on the encoder. Some don't even support the concept of "setting the bitrate." You'll need to check the docs for the specific encoder you are using (assuming there are any).