Major release complying with the latest Dirac Bytestream Specification Dirac 2.0.0.
- Added support for entropy coding of wavelet
coefficients data using Variable Length Codes
(to support VC-2 Core Syntax)
- Improved quantiser selection
- Modified motion compensation to fit 16 bits.
- Fixed bugs and improved performance in constant
bit-rate coding mode
- Fixed bug with dc value prediction in motion
- Fixed bug in handling concatenated Dirac
- API changes to conform with spec revision 2.0.0.
Applications using Dirac libraries will need to
- Released patches to MPlayer, FFmpeg to comply
with this release. Earlier patch to transcode
can be used with release.
- DirectShow Filter released to be able to play
back Dirac v2.0.0 files in Windows Media Player.