Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Dirac in DirectShow

Gabest
2004-10-09
2013-06-04
  • Gabest
    Gabest
    2004-10-09

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=132196

To install: regsvr32.exe diracsplitter.ax
    (the unicode build will only work on nt-based windows versions)

• Thomas Davies
      Thomas Davies
      2004-10-11

Excellent - thanks very much.

It'll take me a little while to look at it, as I'm on leave now and for the next couple of weeks but I'll check it out as soon as I get back.

What's the status of the source - could we bundle it with Dirac? (Apologies if that's a dumb question - I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment).

cheers

Thomas

• Gabest
        Gabest
        2004-10-11

You could..., but it won't be easy to separate it from the whole project. I didn't start it from scratch, so there are many dependencies with the rest of the source tree.

• Thomas Davies
          Thomas Davies
          2004-10-11

Ok, we could either include the filter directly (with your permission) and have it install in the windows build process, or just have a link to yr site.

BTW, what do you do about frame-rate buffering? Dirac takes variable time to decode a frame depending on the frame type so the filter needs to buffer frames to smooth out the display process.

cheers

Thomas

• Gabest
            Gabest
            2004-10-13

> BTW, what do you do about frame-rate buffering? Dirac takes variable time to decode a frame depending on the frame type so the filter needs to buffer frames to smooth out the display process.

I use that skip function to drop L2 type frames when the renderer says it's falling behind by at least 500ms. It makes it slide show now, but it can get better later. If you test in graphedit you can turn off the clock and then nothing is going to be dropped.

• Andrew
      Andrew
      2004-10-13

I've tried to get diracsplitter.ax working but without any success.

I've tried in on a download of MPC and it finds the right screen dimensions put does not play anything. When I press 'stop', it hangs the whole process (in 'Play', 'Filters...' it displays the Dirac decoder and splitter filters greyed out).

I've also tried using the filters within GraphEdit - I can set-up the Dirac components, but again, nothing is output.

Am I missing something?

Andrew

• Gabest
        Gabest
        2004-10-13

Could you test these files too? They were made out of the rgb samples from here (cannot remember which is which).

http://gabest.org/dirac/test.drc
        http://gabest.org/dirac/test2.drc

If you have other samples, I'd be glad to test them.

• Where will I get Win Dirac encoder and muxer in *.ax? Is Dirac muxable in Matroska? What is CPU load of these two videos? I'm running on 100% (1400 MHz).

• Andrew
          Andrew
          2004-10-19

We've discovered that the filter works with .drc files generated from the code in the current SourceForge CVS repository.  However, due to some changes to the bit stream of our own local CVS repository, the .ax filter doesn't work with the test files I was trying to run locally.

The bit stream implementation is in a state of flux at the moment and this will continue for a while yet. A more robust strategy for testing would be to build the filter from source when building Dirac.

However, we will soon be releasing dynamic library versions of Dirac, so that, unless the interface changes, non-Dirac code will not have to be re-compiled.

Andrew