Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

URL for starting/joining meeting

rockie667
2008-09-16
2013-05-01
  • rockie667
    rockie667
    2008-09-16

Hello all,

I'd like to know if it is possible to avoid the window with presenter-data and directly get the envChecks. Same I want to do with the students joining the meeting: both, presenter and attendees, should get at once into the presenters meeting room.

I am using the Open Source Edition 3.5 for Linux and currently testing with this link:

http://192.168.178.22/dimdim/html/signin/signin.action?action=host&name=Presentersname&disp layname=PresentersName&email=presentersEmail&submi tFormOnLoad=true&confname=Meeting&confKey=ck&featu rePublicChat=true&featureWhiteboard=true&audioVide o=V

If I set SubmitFormOnLoad to false you see it anyway for one or two seconds. Besides this I do not see the correct values in the form. I always get Admin as the Presenters name instead of the given value "...&name=...". Whats wrong here? What are the correct names of the variables?

Second question: is it possible to prevent dimdim asking:

What would you like to do with Web Meeting today?

Perhaps by any further given value in the string shown above?

I am sorry but the dimdim-integration-guide seems a little confusing to me. Are there any other API-Documentations out there?

Thanks in advance!
    rockie

• rockie667
      rockie667
      2008-09-18

Hello again,
      okay - the displayName-problem is solved now.
      The other problem is the value of audioVideo. If setted to the possible values mentioned in the integration-guide (A, V, D, Z) only the value of A (audio only) in the form is preselected correct. If I set the value of audioVideo (in the get-request mentioned above) to V, which means that audio and video should be enabled, the form preselects 'Audio only' despite of setted to V in the get-request. What is the correct value? The options which are suggested in the integration-guide don't seem to work!

Thanks for any hints on this!!

Bye
      rockie

• rockie667
      rockie667
      2008-09-30

Is there no one who is using URL to start and join meetings in his application??
      I am really searching for the correct value for the audioVideo-Variable in the GetRequest to start a meeting.

Please help!!!

bye
      rockie

• Hey Rockie.  I intend to start using this method, however I'm not quite there yet.  In the meantime, your posts have been helpful to me.  When I begin to work on this in a week or so I'd be interested to know how much further you've gotten.