Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Administrator in Moodle

Jens
2007-11-05
2013-05-01
  • Jens
    Jens
    2007-11-05

Hi,

Is it true that only the administrator in Moodle can start up a DimDim Session.

Even though it is allowed in lower roles to start up - it seems that only an Administrator can go all the way.

Can this be expanded to lower roles and how?

Thanks

BR
    Jens

• Atia
      Atia
      2007-11-08

Hi!
      Are you able to start a meeting with administrator rol? I've been trying for a while with teatcher, but then I got an error with some keys that I still don't know what they are.Now I've read your post I tried to start with admin, but then it got stuck on Publisher Availability Check. Do you know what is this or how to solve it?
      Do you know, as moodle administrator, how to send invitations to start (or participate) to the teatcher and students involved in the meeting?
      Thanks!
      Atia

• I get the same problem too, the DimDim session can only be started by an Administrator but not even a Teacher who sets up the meeting.

Please let us know how to get past this. I have set all permissions under 'Course' to allowed for 'Teacher' (not Non-editing Teacher) and am still stuck with the same problem.

I have sent an email to support@dimdim.com with a snapshot of my roles for Teacher and hopefully should receive a reply soon.

ThanQ & Regards
      - Sankaranarayanan Krishnan

• dimdim_dip
      dimdim_dip
      2007-11-14

Hi,
      thank you for your interest in dimdim.

Will it be possible for you to try this:
      Open "view.php" file it will be available at "\moodle\moodle\mod\dimdim" this location.
      If you are using Dimdim_Alpha_1_6_Moodle_1_7_Integration_Pack change the code

if(isteacher($course->id))
      to
      if ($PAGE->user_allowed_editing())

If you are using Dimdim_Alpha_1_6_Moodle_1_9_Integration_Pack change the code

if(dimdim_is_teacher($dimdim))
      to
      if ($PAGE->user_allowed_editing())

Please do let us know if this solves your problem.

Regards,
      Dipankar.
      support@dimdim.com

• After making the above suggested fix, all I get is that the 'Meeting occurred in the past' everytime, irrespective of the user.

Please help.

• Please ignore my previous comments. I got it to work.

The above suggestion works, provided you clear all your old entries dimdim directly from the database.

Thank you & Regards

• Atia
      Atia
      2007-11-20

Hi Rajesh, I folloed your steps but nothing changed to me. (I just restarted dimdim, do I have to do something with moodle?) I can't start as a teacher because when I click to start the meeting I get this error:

Unable to find a conference by the key: clithoclicewre. Please check the key and try again

where is this key set up? everytime I try to start a meeting, this key changes. how to disable it or what am I doing wrong?

BTW, I'm trying as a moodle administrator to invite people by email once I start the session (which I have to do on Windows, because on Ubuntu I can't). There is no Email Dispatch Failure anymore and on wrapper.log it seems to send the emails but they don't arrive.
      I configured postfix on my computer, open ports and other things and I no more ideas.... is it a smtp problem? php? ...

I need help, please...
      Thanks!
      Atia

• Atia
      Atia
      2007-11-21

I checked again view.php and I missed one... so finally now teachers can start session without key's stuff (only on windows).
      I'm still not receiving invitations emails... this is my wrapper.conf at the moment to send them

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | *******************************
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | Attendees:me@gmail.com
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | Presenters:
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | Message:
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | *******************************
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | Email Invitation: From Template
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | Email dispatch worker 2 - sending out email:xxxx xxxxxx
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | Number of recipients:1
      INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/11/21 13:46:56 | Recipient:me@gmail.com

my dimdim.properties are

email.server=smtp.gmail.com

email.user=me@gmail.com

email.password=xxxxxxxxx

email.sender=me@gmail.com

email.PORT=25
      mail.EMAIL_FROM=me@gmail.com

email.EMAIL_REPLY_TO=me@gmail.com

And here it stops....should I see something else? on postfix logs there's nothing about the invitation sending, but the emails I try to send from moodle don't arrive neither and it always log some time-out connection messages...

Any idea??

Atia
      (sorry for the long posts!!)