Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Integration with Moodle

GregV_nz
2006-09-20
2013-05-01
  • GregV_nz
    GregV_nz
    2006-09-20

Hi team,
    Just wondering what form your planned integration with Moodle will take?  ie  How will the two systems integrate?

The planned Moodle integration is my main reason for evaluating Dimdim, as we use Moodle for our Learning Management System here.

• DD Ganguly
      DD Ganguly
      2006-09-20

Hi Greg,

We created a specification for the integration based on discussions with Moodle users.

We soon realized that other communities are also interested in integrating with dimdim and expanded the specification to allow such integrations. That spec will be released on sf.net by Friday.

If you are interested in sharing your feedback about the spec please post on the forums or e-mail me and I will schedule a dimdim session for the discussion.

Regards,
      dd@dimdim.com

• Matt
      Matt
      2007-03-21

Has the Moodle integration been released, or at least available to evaluate?  I am able to create resources linking to the DimDim conference and pass user information into DimDim from Moodle, but I would like allow my faculty to stay completely within Moodle when utilizing DimDim.

Thanks,
      Matt

• Hi Matt,

Thanks for the follow-up. Moodle - Dimdim Integration is in Beta state. Could you please contact/mail Sundar @ sundar(@)dimdim.com and he will give you the pack and see if your needs are fulfilled.

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• dimdim_uday
      dimdim_uday
      2007-04-17

Hi,
      The Moodle pack was posted on SF yesterday. It supports Moodle 1.7 with the Dimdim Alpha 1.6.
      Reagards,
      Uday

• Matt
      Matt
      2007-05-30

I've made a couple of small changes to /dimdim/view.php and /dimdim/mod.html that may be beneficial to some Moodlers - what's the recommended way to communicate them?

The changes I've made are:

Conference Key now creates a random 15 character key, allowing for multiple instances in a course.
      Reports now show the DimDim conference name, rather than the id number.

Thanks,
      Matt

• handsomelii
      handsomelii
      2007-10-08

Hi, I have one question to ask for usage in Moodle.
      When I have finished the DimDim Webmeeting Activity, May I save the data presented in the meeting?
      If yes, how to do it? Thank you.

Best regards
      lii

• Hello,

Thanks for your interest towards Dimdim Moodle Integration pack. With the latest integration pack, the meeting information / settings which are created using Dimdim Activity of Moodle is stored in the Moodle database under dimdim table. So, all scheduled meetings and their corresponding settings are stored in dimdim table like any other activity.
      Could you please brief me more about the kind of data you need to store?

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us if you have any queries regarding this.

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com