Compile and build a new plugin (.cab) file

Eric
2007-04-30
2013-05-01
  • Eric
    Eric
    2007-04-30

Hi all,
    I download the "Developer Builds" (dimdim_160_Alpha_040207_win) and I try to recompile and build a new release of the plugin "dimdimPublisherUI" with Visual Studio for test some things and I don't be able to do it. A new folder was created "Release" and all in that folder is .obj files and some other files.

How can I make .dll files and .ocx file?

Best Regards

Eric

• Bharat Varma
      Bharat Varma
      2007-05-01

Hi Eric,

There is a single solution for all the concerned projects, under Components/cpp/dimdimPublisher called Dimdim.sln

Building this should create the necessary dlls and the ocx in the "Bin" folder inside Components/cpp/dimdimPublisher.

Note:

When you compile the publisher in "Release", the activeX control (ocx) is automatically registered. This means that any change you make in the code can be tested right away by compiling in "Release" mode and just connecting to your conference server using IE. Make sure that the conference server comes from the same build as the publisher.

If you have already installed the IE control on your machine, clean it up by typing "removedimdimpublisher" in a command prompt dialog before compiling this code. This will avoid any conflicts between the code you have modified and compiled and the dlls which have been installed by the conference server.

Regards,
      Bharat Varma

• Eric
      Eric
      2007-05-01

Hi Bharat,
      Thank you for the answer, I found it. ;-)

I check in the .cab file and I see files with "260" (AppBarHook260.dll, dimdimChatUI260.dll, ...) in the file name but there is no one with that in the "Bin" folder. The only one is the .ocx.

How can I build it?

Best Regards
      Eric