Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Customization Issue

dixcs
2007-06-11
2013-05-01
  • dixcs
    dixcs
    2007-06-11

Hi guys....

Currently I have try to implement DimDim in my company and so far it works fine.

I've successfully customize and build the html part the way i want it to be, this including replacing all the text and logo. but the difficult part is to change image on the left side bar we when we execute the desktop sharing.

I've walk through the entire source code and i found that it was an ActiveX / DLL project using Visual Studio 2005 (C++), and when i tried to compile them below errors are introduced:

1>------ Build started: Project: AppBarHook, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>Compiling...
    1>AppBarHook.cpp
    1>.\AppBarHook.cpp(122) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
    1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\dimdim 1.6 alpha tutors src\DimDimCodeBase\v2.0\Components\cpp\dimdimPublisher\AppBar\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    1>AppBarHook - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    2>------ Build started: Project: dimdimPublisherUI, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    2>Linking...
    2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\Lib\Debug\AppBarHook.lib'
    2>Build log was saved at "file://d:\dimdim 1.6 alpha tutors src\DimDimCodeBase\v2.0\Components\cpp\dimdimPublisher\tmp\dimdimPublisherUI\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    2>dimdimPublisherUI - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So far as i know those error being produced because AppBarHook.lib was missing (or may be i'm wrong).

Does any one hand the same customization problem as I do?

Any recommendation, helps, etc are most welcome....

Thanks

• Bharat Varma
      Bharat Varma
      2007-06-11

Hi,

Visual Studio 2005 seems to be giving an error which was bypassed by 2003 (which is the IDE used for developing Publisher).

Here is the fix -

In AppBarHook.cpp at line 122 (the line mentioned in the output you pasted above), change

static w;           - to -
        static int w;

That should solve your problem.

This file can be found in the AppBarHook project in the solution explorer.

This change will be included in the next release of code on SF.

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
      Bharat Varma

• dixcs
      dixcs
      2007-06-15

Hi guys...

Thx a lot for your feedback, I’m really looked forward to deploy DimDim on my web server at home (not at my office). The URL will be on mylabs.mooo.com and I’ll post to the forum as soon at it runs and published on the web.

And of course for that I want to ask your permission to publish DimDim projects as for my Project for Development, Research, Testing, etc. On the web site that I’ll publish there will be Powered logo of DimDim as associated link to your site.

NOTE: To avoid any misunderstanding, I’ll not publish this project (run it locally) until permission is granted by the author (you).

Now back to my buggy problems:

Currently, I was trying to modify the logo at the left side bar during the desktop sharing by editing the resource file ‘dimdimPublisherUI.rc’ which I illustrated on the tree diagram below:

dimdimPublisherUI
          dimdimPublisherUI.rc
              Bitmap
                  ….
                  ….
                  IDB_BITMAP_LOGO    <- this is the file
                  ….
                  ….

In which I’ll change it with the logo that I want it to be. After I compile the …

dimdimPublisherUI

the output will be produced at …

DimDimCodeBase\v2.0\Components\cpp\dimdimPublisher\Bin\debug

And when I run the dimdimPublisherUITest.exe, thus I can see the logo was replaced. So then I compile the DimDim source code -> Uninstall the existing DimDim -> Install the new compiled DimDim -> execute ‘removedimdimpublisher’ (as being mentions on ‘Compile and build a new plugin (.cab) forum’).

But the logo also wasn’t change at all.

And after series of cooking around with the source code and some forums, I’ve found out that all these dll and ocx files are being compiled into a cab file (named dimdim.cab). I’ve try to use this ‘alphazip’ to open and replace the existing dll and ocx files inside the cab file but it still won’t change the logo.

So my status currently right now is to figure out how to compile all the dll and ocx file into the cab file and also to compile it with the whole package into exe file.

I apologize for long explanations and my improper English. Any help, recommendation, etc…. from all coders around the world are most welcome. I hope to hear your feedback for my Project Proposal above.

Thanks,