Where are the Java classes?

Thao
2009-01-12
2013-05-01
  • Thao
    Thao
    2009-01-12

Hello,

We have installed the latest Dimdim package v4.5 "Liberty" release from the open source community and I have downloaded the source code.  However, I can't find some of the compiled java classes on the installed server that I see in the source code.  For example, \WebApps\ConsoleII\src\com\dimdim\conference\ui\dialogues\client\common\AboutCommonDialog.java and \WebApps\ConsoleII\src\com\dimdim\conference\ui\user\client\UserGlobals.java -- the entire ui directory doesn't exist and searching the server for the class files for these source code files yields no success.  Can anyone help?

• tin htun aung
      tin htun aung
      2009-01-16

Hi Thao,

I've also encountered that kinda problems..

Later, what I did was, I looked into the technologies they're using and studied them.

These java files are converted into javascript and used. You can see the javascript file import in the HTML page ends with 'nocache.js'.

It is done by GWT (Google Web Toolkit). I just found out it also and studying it now.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

ko_aung

• Thao
      Thao
      2009-01-16

Thanks ko_aung!  I saw the nocache.js files, I will look at GWT.  I sent an email to support@dimdim.com and was waiting for an answer.  I thought the nocache.js files were created on the fly.  If I make further headway, I will let you know, or if I hear from dimdim.  Never worked with GWT before...