video unavailable in moodle-dimdim conference

zaid
2007-04-27
2013-05-01
  • zaid
    zaid
    2007-04-27

I implemented moodle on xp and did the dimdim integration with it.

Everything works fine except that I only get Audio broadcaster and no option of video broadcasting is found.

I read in another thread that the video option is to be selected before the meeting starts, but when launching from inside moodle, there are no options available.

Is the current dimdim versions support video for moodle??? if not when is it expected, if it is...

Thank you so much.... for making dimdim, integrating it with moodle and for answering this question :)

• dimdim_uday
      dimdim_uday
      2007-04-28

Hello Zaid,
      Thank you for your interest in Dimdim and using the Moodle Pack.
      The current pack supports audio only in the Moodle integration. We plan to include support for video as default in the next version of the integration.

Please let me know if there are any other issues you have noticed or any other feedback you would like to provide to improve the product.

Regards,
      Uday
      uday(at)dimdim.com

• Hi, Uday!

Please tell me if you need help with the integration of video in Moodle, maybe we can do something here... Do you have a scheduled date to release a version that works with video?
        Cheers,

Pablo

• dimdim_uday
          dimdim_uday
          2007-06-10

Pablo,
          Thank you for the using Dimdim and the offer of help on the video. We have noticed some issues with the video broadcaster and player which does not provide a very smooth user experience (video freezes intermittently). We have prioritized the Dimdim video fixes and we are testing the fixes to ensure the issues are resolved.
          After this, we shall incorporate the Moodle - Dimdim Video integration. I do not have a definite date for this fix, but we shall try to include it by the end of this month.
          Regards,
          Uday
          uday(at)dimdim.com

• enrymco
        enrymco
        2007-09-05

Hello

I had have the same problem, i have resolved it with the change this parameters start_meeting_option_av=0
        in dimdim.properties. (linux server)

Now the stream video is enable (only for the presenter

Regards

• zaid
      zaid
      2007-04-30

It is an awesome project you all have implemented and I want to congratulate everyone working on it.

I did run into some crashes. For instance, I was using the conference with Firefox 2.0 and when I tried the word document sharing ( I had office 2007 on vista and moodle was on an xp machine) and firefox crashed everytime.

• dimdim_uday
      dimdim_uday
      2007-07-26

The Moodle - Dimdim Integration pack with video will be released within a week's time.
      Regards,
      Uday
      uday(at)dimdim.com

• Atia
      Atia
      2007-08-07

Hi,
      I'm also interested on DimDim & Moodle Integration pack with video. we're looking for a videoconference application for Moodle and DimDim interest us.
      Is it already working?
      Atia

• Hello all,

We have released an enhancement pack.Improvements over the previous pack are :-
      1) Use of a randomly generated meeting key 
      2) Video enabled in the Moodle Integration
      3) More Settings added for starting a meeting - Audio/Video, Number of participants etc
      4) Support for Moodle 1.9

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com