Client install before meeting

kpchief
2007-08-28
2013-05-01
  • kpchief
    kpchief
    2007-08-28

Would it be possible to have a page you can go to to test for the newest client and install the latest flash with out having to start a meeting?

• Hello,

Thanks for your interest towards Dimdim. While starting or joining a meeting, there is an environment check for the required softwares installation. If the required softwares are not found, the environment check will request for the corresponding software to be installed. Say for e.g. if you do not have a flash player, the link to install the flash will be provided in the environment check.

I hope this could solve the problem. could you please explain me more in detail for why do you require a separate test page?

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com

• kpchief
      kpchief
      2007-09-07

We lock down our clients quite a bit. So installing software cannot be done unless I install it for them. If there was a test page all I would have to do is go to that page ahead of time and install the required software. Also it would save time when connecting to the meetings so the versions of flash and the dimdim client can be checked ahead of time.

thanks again