Menu

More Management options

clasha
2006-11-23
2013-05-01
  • clasha

clasha - 2006-11-23

Hi, I find that I need more mgmt options for hosting the meeting.  I find it difficult to turn off desktop sharing or application sharing without shutting down the meeting?

Thanks

• abdenour

abdenour - 2006-11-24

Hi everyone, congratulation on developing such a product. I have installed DidmDim and i am using it in My School for distance learning. I have used commercial Softwares Like breez, userPlan and Ray and i can testefy that DimDim is one of the best.Now a little bit of winging if i might (just kiding). I would like to see features to have more control over the Meeting Rooms, be able to band users, see how many rooms have been created by whom, how many user in each room, and be able to click on the username and either start an Instant Messaging session with them or disconnect them from the room all toguether (during most of the training sessions i conducted on "userplan" we had unwated people and i had to band them. it would be nice to have a Guest account that can be activated or disactivated to allow anonemous access from time to time.
      All these features are already available in "Userplan" www.userplan.com. I am just guessing but it seems they are using RED5 too.
      Cheers guys and tank you very much fro you work

• dimdim_sundar

dimdim_sundar - 2006-11-27

Thanks abdenour,

It is encouragement from users like you which keeps us going. really appreciate the good words. I understand your requests, we will start work on management functionalities after our Beta build.
        unfortunately, userplan.com site is under construction and I could not get any details.

by the way, did you try the new Nov 23rd build which fixes many presenter side issues and makes better usage of bandwidth and at the same time giving crisper images.

regards,
        ~sundar

• dimdim_sundar

dimdim_sundar - 2006-11-27

Hi Clasha,

I hope i understand you right: you want to have the ability to ensure that presenters are not able to do app/desktop sharing. right now one can stop dekstop/app sharing in a meeting by clicking on the back arrow on the actveX bar which comes on the left hand side of screen when sharing desktop/app.
      I agree with you. right now, we are in a mode of adding features and we will look into management funtioanalities like an admin console and the ability to turn ON/OFF particular features. I have created a tracker for this purpose: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1603513&group_id=176809&atid=878729

Thanks for using Dimdim. Did you get a chance to try out the new build released on Nov 23rd?

Regards,
      ~sundar

• abdenour

abdenour - 2006-11-29

Hi Sundar, i just noticed a miss spelling in the URL, here is the correct one, (http://www.userplane.com/) for the userplane site. Yes i am using the latest biuld of DimDim, thank you very much for the UPGRADE option it works without any problem.
      Cheers and keep up the good work
      Abdenour

• dimdim_sundar

dimdim_sundar - 2006-11-29

Hello Abdenour,

Thanks for the link. I guess the ability to integrate individual funtionalities seamlessly into present websites is important and userplane seems to be a good example of this. Happy to see Dimdim working for you.

regards,
        ~sundar