File sharing

Tim
2007-02-05
2013-05-01
  • Tim
    Tim
    2007-02-05

One of the things that the people in my office are interested in is the ability to be able to share files via a conference.  I told them they already have email, but an interest has been expressed in the ability for the presenter (or even an attendee) to be able to upload a document during/before a conference that can be downloaded by other people in the meeting.

• dimdim_uday
      dimdim_uday
      2007-02-06

Tim,
      Thanks for your interest in dimdim and the feedback.
      The alpha version allows presentation (ppt) upload & sharing  currently, however the presenter drives the ppt & the attendees cannot download & browse the presentation.
      We shall explore providing this feature in a future release.
      Thanks,
      Uday

• burbage
      burbage
      2007-04-24

Hi there,

DimDim is great product. However, I would also like to add to the above user requirement.

Where I work, we need a conferencing tool, that we can also send files to the attendees, as we work with a number of large corporates who for one reason or another are unable to either send us large files, or we can send them ones, e.g. limited email capacity, no access through corporate firewalls to file shares etc. So the ability to send files via a web meeting would be a great asset.

Keep up the excellent work.

Rich.

• Clint Davis
      Clint Davis
      2007-05-01

also agree, file share / download (any attachment) should be added.

Along with tracking

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Sure, we will explore this features for the future releases.

Regards,
      -Rajesh