Menu

Web Meeting Publisher for Linux?

2006-12-10
2013-05-01
  • José Eduardo De Lucca

As I could see, there is only a windows version of "web meeting publisher" (Am I right?)

As a Linux user, I was very excited in setting up a dimdim server and using it in a mixed network (with windows and linux desktops).

Do you have plans to port the publisher to linux? Soon?

Thanks.
    De Lucca/Brazil

• Alejandro Lengua

What is the purpose of the Web Meeting Publisher. Is he the host of the Meeting?

• Graham Smith

Graham Smith - 2007-08-08

Any update on LINUX support for presenters?

• dimdim_uday

dimdim_uday - 2007-08-09

Hi,
          The Linux Publisher is work in progress.
          The first cut of the Linux publisher will allow only upload presentation & sharingby moving the slide - image conversion to the backend server.
          Regards,
          Uday

• Jim

Jim - 2008-02-04

What is the update on this?  I can really use Dim Dim but will not be able to unless you get the Linux version.

• ZyanKLee

ZyanKLee - 2006-12-14

kind of it, yes - but here it means the software component that is needed to start and lead a conference.
      At present it is only available for windows

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello all,

In the current release, presenter can start only from windows. Attendees can be from Windows or Linux and we are currently working on MAC Safari support.

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• phil manzano

phil manzano - 2007-09-09

First of all, thanks for this gem.

I'm also longing for the linux version.
      I fully installed the server before discovering it cannot serve any conference.

About the "only windows" component, did you try to make it work with wine emulation?
      or replace desktop sharing by VNC java client?

just clues, I'm not developer :(

• Rajesh Dharmalingam

Hello phil,

Thanks for the interest towards Dimdim. Conference server and attendees are supported in Linux till now. Support for Linux and MAC safari presenters is under development. We will keep you posted on this.

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com