dimdim Virtual appliance not working

2009-09-04
2013-05-01
  • Pankaj Gupta
    Pankaj Gupta
    2009-09-04

Hi Community,
    I downloaded dimdim virtual appliance ..and followed all steps given in Dimdim_SF_VMWare_Appliance_ReadMe_v4.5.txt file.

all steps went fine, but finally when I type "http://<ip>/dimdim on browser, it says:

Not Found
    The requested URL /dimdim was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at 192.168.1.94 Port 80

Are there other configurations to be done with apache settings?

• Yeshua Watson
      Yeshua Watson
      2009-09-04

Can you access the admin console?

• Pankaj Gupta
      Pankaj Gupta
      2009-09-07

No. I can access nothing.
      Are there some diagnostic steps to check whats going wrong?

I would appreciate help.

• Pankaj Gupta
        Pankaj Gupta
        2009-09-07

Also...there is a piffle problem with the virtual appliance that its browser doesnt open.

• Yeshua Watson
      Yeshua Watson
      2009-09-08

The browser problem is known and there is a solution to it on these forums.

In a shell prompt, try to stop and start DimDIm manually.

stopDimdim
      startDimdim

• Pankaj Gupta
        Pankaj Gupta
        2009-09-08

There is no command like stopDimdim or startDimdim on the virtual appliance but I did executed StartDimdim.sh and StopDimdim.sh but to no avail.

I am running the virtual applicance on VMware workstation 6.5 on my windows XP host.

• Pankaj Gupta
      Pankaj Gupta
      2009-09-08

I solved it.
      I unzipped the virtual appliance again, and upon starting, selected 'I moved it' option.

It worked great.

• Hi Beckman.! I did what the TXT says, and selected the option you say.! (I move it) And I still can't get dimdim work. Can you help me.??? This is my msn, roberto_lusitano@hotmail.com. Add me to chat about this to help me, if you can.! Thanks.!

• Pankaj Gupta
    Pankaj Gupta
    2009-09-14

have you configured Dimdim with the IP of machine and then restarted the Dimdim server?
    Have added you in msn.

Regards
    Pankaj

• Hi everyone!

I solved this problem using the &quot;Config-ipaddres.pl&quot; in this order:

1) Stop all Dimdim components

/usr/local/dimdim/StopDimdim.sh

2) Set the IP address of my server

/usr/local/dimdim/Config-ipaddress.pl X.X.X.X 80

3) Start all Dimdim components

/usr/local/dimdim/StartDimdim.sh

After that, i could get into dimdim with my browser.

• I have the exact same problem.  My dimdim appliance is getting a 192.168.5.110 IP (consistent with my dhcp) and I can ping that IP.  However, the browser keeps coming back with that same message as beckman16 when I try to browse to http://192.168.5.110/dimdim .  I've tried to grep for that IP in the entire file space of the vm and can't find it.  I see nothing in the hsots file and other places I've tried (httpd conf) so why is it forwarding (?) to 192.168.1.94?