Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Can't access the the page after install

2006-10-18
2013-05-01
  • derek_banas
    derek_banas
    2006-10-18

I followed the directions as specified when installing on Centos. When I start the server I receive no notice that anything has occured and then when I check for status I receive the following: DimDim Conference Server is running (1384). I'm running from port 8050.

Is there a way to see what may be going wrong.

Thank you

Derek Banas

• Hi,

Thanks for using Dimdim.

Your observation is correct, you can check with status option whether the server is running or not. Please try to access the URL (http://IPAddress:8050) from the browser to get the conference console.

Please let us know you can not access it or in case you face any issues.

Regards
      Rohit

• derek_banas
      derek_banas
      2006-10-19

What seems to be happening is when I try and access the server it shuts down. After I access the page in explorer I get the error "The page cannot be displayed" and then if I check server status it tells me that the dimdim server has been stopped. I've tried ports 80 and 8080 with the same results. Not sure what could be happening. Your program looks amazing I just hope I can see it in action.

Thank you
      Derek

• Derek,

We will work together to make this work. Please let us know if this is running on VM Ware.

Also if you can email me the below config/log files at rohit@dimdim.com it would help me to get to the bottom of this.

server.xml
        wrapper.conf
        DimDimConference.properties
        Red5Config.properties
        wrapper.log

Regards
        Rohit