impossible to share documents with dimdim 4.5

Fabien
2009-03-17
2013-05-01
  • Fabien
    Fabien
    2009-03-17

Lo,

I installed from the rpm, the dimdim 4.5 like a charm. All run well, excepted it is impossible to upload and share files.

How to reproduce :
    - create a meeting
    - choose to share document
    - browse your filesysteme and try to upload a ppt or pdf file.

When you select the share button, after a while, an error occure with the following message :
    The document conversion failed with error: document id generation failed.

Regards.

• Fabien
      Fabien
      2009-03-19

I used tcpdump to watch what is transfering on the network. And when i use the share button, i have this 404 error :
      GET /pmgr/generateDocID2/pmgr/generateDocID2?meetingID=dimdim-v4
      .5____azerty&cflag=1237470749455 HTTP/1.1" 404 734 "http://IP_ADDR/dimdim/html/layout2/GetFullConsole
      .action?confKey=azerty&cflag=7elknvr&uri=2bc89dec-71b1-4f8f-812a-c79c16abc593&pubAvailable=

what is the problem ?

• Yeshua Watson
        Yeshua Watson
        2009-07-17

For those who are having problems with uploads, there often is a permission issue with the storage directories.

When running into problems with the RPMs, tail the log files for the errors.

• Cesar Duque
      Cesar Duque
      2009-07-17

same problem here... and also i cannot share URL or screen... does anyone have any ideas?

• Jason Stevens
      Jason Stevens
      2009-08-07

Where are the storage directories? I have been getting this same error.

• Ernest Brown
      Ernest Brown
      2009-08-11

I have discovered that the Centos 5.2 that I downloaded months ago has Open Office 3.0 installed and there are paths to Open Office 2.4 in the configuration files of Dimdim Open source 4.5 such as the /usr/local/dimdim/Mediaserver/mods/toolkit/osconfig.py
      Not sure if should install OO 2.4 or find all references to 2.4 in config files?
      Anybody else tried?
      Getting same error "The document conversion failed with error: document id generation failed.  "

• Yeshua Watson
        Yeshua Watson
        2009-08-11

It would probably be easier to try to use a symbolic link from the old paths to the new ones than to install 2.4 along side/replace 3.0

• ali mirarab
    ali mirarab
    2010-07-12

i have same error and i can't share any file
    what can i do for solve this problem